Wavestream sets the standard in the design and manufacturing of next generation high power solid-state amplifiers. On the ground, in the air, or out at sea, Wavestream has the technology to power this growing need. People are at the heart and soul of our company. Together we meet challenges and face opportunities head on, constantly expanding our potential to address the needs of the markets we serve.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Performs receiving: mechanical and test inspections on various parts: piece parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies. Accepts or rejects material based on drawing/specifications. Records results on multiple forms and records. In addition, inputs inspection results data into an electronic log.
- Compares part number of items received with Procurement Data Packing Slips and Material Certification Compliance
- Performs First Article and dimensional inspection, using the Engineering drawings and specifications, precision measuring instruments, and devices as required.
- Records inspection results on First Article forms.
- Verify plating with Production by requesting plated parts be test before acceptance
- Maintains discrepant material, records problem(s) on Rejection Reports and enters results into SAP for Material Review Board (MRB) reviews.
- Works with Manufacturing to review discrepant material and take corrective actions with suppliers to prevent reoccurrence.
- Works with Manufacturing to review discrepant material and take corrective action as necessary.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Manufacturing Engineer on problems found during Production and relate them.
- Interacts with Purchasing Department to review/discuss 1st Articles results.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in In-process Inspection and Final Inspection as required.
- Responsible for tools and equipment maintenance and assures they remain in good condition.
- Familiar with AS9100 discipline.
- Good computer skills using various software programs ( i.e., Microsoft Office, PLM system, and SAP system)
- Quality Assurance experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of manufacturing documentation (i.e., Bill of Materials, Assembly Drawings, PCB files)
- Proficient in understanding vendor parts based on system documentation.
- Strong communication, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Must have knowledge in using hand tools, i.e. calipers, verniers, height gage, pin gages and micrometers.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Must have knowledge of IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620.
- 5 yr. minimum Quality Microelectronic experience.
- To perform the duties of this position, typing skills are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to sit or stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations made by to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and responsibilities can be changed at any time at management discretion.
Wavestream is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.